The Chicago Toy & Game Fair, ChiTAG, founded in 2003, is the only non-hobby toy and game show open to the public in the U.S. It is the event in the toy industry for the media, public and trade to discover what is hot for the holidays and interact directly with the manufacturers/publishers (best and biggest focus group in the industry). It is held at Chicago’s historic Navy Pier and is always the weekend before Thanksgiving. It coincides with Chicago’s Festival of Lights Parade, which draws over a million people to Chicago for a holiday weekend of fun.
About the Chicago Toy & Game Group, Inc.
The Chicago Toy & Game group is a family of industry initiatives designed to encourage and promote the power and joy of invention in social, educational, and professional environments. The Chicago Toy & Game Group consists of:
- Chicago Toy & Game Fair: An explosion of fun bringing together families, educators, hobbyists, inventors, industry and media.
- Toy and Game Inventor and Industry Conference: The toy industry’s prominent, most comprehensive conference brings together the nation’s leading toy and game industry experts and the independent inventing community for unparalleled educational and networking opportunities.
- Toy and Game Inventor of the Year Awards Dinner: A celebration of our industry’s top inventors.
- Games for Educators: Website and newsletter resource developed in partnership with Live Oaks Games provides educators, librarians and parents with the tools and trends to bring games into the classroom and homeschool curriculum.
- DiscoverGames.com: World’s largest co-op of board game inventors.
- Chicago Toy and Game Foundation: Philanthropic foundation supporting various children’s organizations.