PTG is looking forward to this years ChiTag. If you’ve never heard of it heres a bit from their website.
About the Chicago Toy & Game Group, Inc.
The Chicago Toy & Game group is a family of industry initiatives designed to encourage and promote the power and joy of invention in social, educational, and professional environments. The Chicago Toy & Game Group consists of:
- Chicago Toy & Game (ChiTAG) Fair: founded in 2003 – the largest toy and game fair in the U.S. open to public. ChiTAG brings together consumers, families, inventors, manufacturers, retailers, educators, hobbyists, and the media, at the start of the holiday season, to play, celebrate, discover, support, and promote the creation of toys and games.
- The International Toy & Game Inventor and Industry Conference (T&GCon): founded in 2008 – the industry’s original, preeminent, most comprehensive conference available to toy and game inventors and seasoned industry professionals from around the world.
- Toy and Game Inventor of the Year (TAGIE) Awards: founded in 2008 – an elegant and playful evening that honors and celebrates the history of and the people behind the playthings.
- Social Media @ Play Conference (SMAPCon): founded in 2011 – a conference specifically for the toy / game industry given by experts who will show you how to navigate the new social media world, using proven case studies.
- The International Summit for Professional Inventors (I-SPI): founded in 2011 – an exclusive, invitation only conference for ProfessionalInventors.
- Play with Purpose Conference: founded in 2006 – an inspiring day of workshops to help educators develop their students’ cognitive abilities and inject energy into the learning process through applying games as part of their curriculum.
- Young Inventor Challenge: founded in 2007 – open to kids ages 6 – 18, participants create their own toy or game inventions to be judged by popular vote by The ChiTAG Fair attendees.
- Games for Educators Website and Newsletter: founded in 2005 – resource developed in partnership with Live Oaks Games provides educators, librarians and parents with the tools and trends to bring games into the classroom and homeschool curriculum.
- DiscoverGames.com: founded in 1998 – the world’s largest co-op of board game inventors.
- Chicago Toy and Game Foundation: founded in 2011 – philanthropic foundation supporting various children’s organizations.